“One of the beekeeper’s very first tasks must be the study of bee behaviour and the adaptation of himself if he wishes for sucess.” – Brother Adam, Beekeeping at Buckfast Abbey
Meetings 7-9 pm – Manassas Church of the Brethren, 10047 Nokesville Road (Rt.28)
Weather Policy – no meeting if City of Manassas Schools close or After School Activities cancelled
**** Join us for the PWRBA next club meeting on Tuesday, January 13th at 7 pm Featuring Alison Gillespie Author of Hives in the City: Keeping Honey Bees Alive in an Urban World. For more info see: www.hivesinthecity.com
***Slides from our last meeting available here: 2014 11 11 Agenda ***
*** Click here or on the Calendar tab above to see other programs planned in the region ***
*** PWRBA featured on National News – Click here Honeybees Get Human Helpers ***
The Prince William Regional Beekeepers Association is open to all persons regardless of where they live or where, or if, they keep bees. Our club strives to:
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and views of mutual interest to beekeepers.
- Provide education on the practical aspects of beekeeping and encourage the use of better and more productive methods in the apiary.
- Foster cooperation between members of the association.
- Promote understanding and cooperation between the association and the community with regard to beekeeping.
- Promote the use of honey and honey products.
Our club brochure is here- http://pwrbeekeepers.com/about-2/pwrba-brochure/
Our path forward to sustainability is here- http://pwrbeekeepers.com/about-2/sustainability-plan/